Monday, July 7, 2008

A toal loss of logic.

I have had a few surprising conversations recently.

I met a woman, lets call her Fran. Now Fran was telling me that she is a vegetarian. I asked her why she was a vegetarian, and she listed health reasons, environment reasons, taste, and "most importantly sanctity of life". We talked a bit at the bar about how she is a budest and all animals are embedded with the same spark of life and each carries a soul that at one time could have been a human.

Since we were already talking about a taboo subject, I asked her about politics. She went off on the normal left-wing hates everything Conservative, her biggest issue being how the conservatives are taking away basic human rights such as a "woman's reproduction cycle".

I had already had a similar conversation with a friend earlier in the week about this topic, and I knew she meant abortion. So I asked her why it was evil to kill an animal to eat, but a "right" to kill an innocent baby? If you didn't know, this is where I turned into a woman hating Conservative.

After her going off for about 20 minutes about society looks down on women and how abortion is the only way for women to be free of the male dominated world, I interrupted her and plainly accused her of limiting the rights of women because every female baby that was murdered was denied all freedom, including her "reproductive rights".

It just dosn't make any sence. Animals have more rights that unborn children? That just dosn't make sence. Anyway it turns out that just like most left wing wackos Fran is also close minded. I was called a few choice names for defending the rights of women, and was promptly given the finger.

(which is usually funny to me, but all I could think about at the time were dead babies so it hurt a bit)

4 comments:

Mike Lewis said...

Your responses were by far better than most people I have heard defend unborn children. And its funny how hypocritical the leftists can be.

I always take it as an honor to be attacked like that by a liberal. You used logic and real compassion for your subject. Your feminazi resorted to name-calling when she got pwned! These are the Obama people.

James T Wood said...

Rich, I think your logic makes sense and Fran's is loony.

That said, I think that couching this discussion as a conflict between liberals and conservatives is a waste of time. We begin labeling people so we don't have to listen to what they actually think.

I applaud you taking the time to listen to Fran. We won't get past the crippling divisiveness of our political system if people aren't willing to listen.

Anonymous said...

You have to realize that abortion is going to be a hot button issue with women. Im not saying her reaction was approprite. Keep in mind that women can become pregnant, not men. I am a firm believer that if it were men that had the ability to become pregnant, abortion would be not only accepted, but commonplace and ordinary.

I believe abortion should be an option for women, but I dont believe it should be used as a form of birth control. I would bet the majority of women who get an abortion are scared and feel unprepared to carry a child for 9 months, let alone raise it.

Just think if we made women have abortions regardless of how they felt about children, or regardless of how that child came to be conceived. Think of the abuse and mental trauma that an unwanted child might face..

Anonymous said...

What I meant to say was imagine if we made women keep babies they didnt want to have..