Friday, May 8, 2009

The good luck streak finally ran out...

As some of you know, I have been having some issues with my hip replacement.

Today I finally went and saw my doctor and got some fairly bad news. At this point we have to do one more test to determine our next step.

It seems that “particles” are accumulating between the side of my prosthesis and the inside of my femur. The x-rays don’t have the ability to determine if they are from an infection or from wear of the unit, but either option is bad.

If it is an infection, drugs may clear it up, but if it is bonded to the stem they will have to pull it out so I can heal. If it is wear on the ball and cap then they will have to replace those two components. So we are praying for an infection in my bone that can be healed with drugs.

Also I said "unit" and "pull it out so I can heal".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats what she said

rich jandt said...

Hahaha, jokes are the only way I cope. Well that and Booze.

James T Wood said...

Dag, yo!

Perhaps you should get a cyborg leg replacement . . . Then you could hop faster than any human and kick crap super hard - you would be the best kick-ball player in the world.

I'm just saying.

P.S. You need to watch Arrested Development if you need some funny stuff to cope - go to Hulu and laugh.