Saturday, August 16, 2008

Harry Potter's end.

I just finished the last of the Harry Potter books.

I have been building this story in my mind for the last 6 books and am a little disappointed about the ending. Granted I do not think that J.K. Rowling wrote books three through six so I shouldn't be surprised at the low level of skill used in number seven.

Without going into details about Deathly Hallows, the characters that were chosen to be killed were only cheap shots to add suspense and emotion. The Potter/Voldermort story ending was better the first time I read it in the Bible, or maybe in the Lion Witch and Wardrobe. The last chapter taking place 19 years later was a lazy way to bring closure to the needless deaths mentioned before.

I don't know, maybe if I had written six thousand pages of character development and story line I would then write a good book to end it.

No comments: