Sunday, April 20, 2008

30 Year Old Virgin

A week ago I had an adventure where I ran from an adult situation involving an attractive woman. This week I have been fielding both flack and praise for my decision. And Mike you are correct, It was very Joseph of me to just run away.

When asked why I ran away I have told the truth. The woman was mean to my friends. She was intoxicated and I did not want to take advantage. I got nervous and did not know how to react. All of these are the truth, but not the Truth. (Notice capitalization)
My male friends have mocked, my female friends have looked real puzzled and one woman I work with has called me out. She said, “It’s nice to meet a man with some morals.”

A co-worker said “You’re a virgin” jokingly. I responded, “Your moms a virgin” also jokingly. I should be proud of that fact. It’s been hard not sleeping with my ex-girl friends who are smoking hot. Or the random calls for “action”. Through all the urges my man body has put me through. It makes me want to rip my hair out just thinking about all the frustrations I have had.

I wouldn’t say that I’m an undercover Christian; my good friends know my beliefs. I don’t engage in overt anti-Christian rituals. I’m a really nice guy. However the reason I did not sleep with that woman is because I have religious beliefs that prevent me from pre-marital fornication. I ran because I did not know how to express that in a verbal manner. I still have trouble expressing it to my friends.

I don’t know if you have seen a movie named The 40 Year Old Virgin, but that movie has a scene where the title character is outed for being a virgin, and it is super awkward. That’s kinda how I’m feeling.

7 comments:

Mike Lewis said...

I can attest that no matter how much Rich might annoy you for breaking your whistle or what Bill Hunt might tell you, Rich is a truly nice guy who does indeed have morals...just don't stand in front of big boxes of pop cans because the temptation is to bum rush you into it.

No really. This is why he's my friend. And its stories like this that show his true character.

Tim said...

And just keep him away from fireworks.

James T Wood said...

Don't worry Rich, I'm a virgin too. Just don't tell my wife.

Kidding aside - You've shown yourself to be a true man by not giving in to your animal instincts. I don't care what anyone else says.

rich jandt said...

I do like fireworks. Just ask Officer Ofstrander of the Long Beach Police Department.

Tim said...

And Dr. Tandy's house.

rich jandt said...

Yes, the Tandy house. And that dog. And the other thing I said.

Krystal said...

I'd like to be numbered in your vast array of "smokin' hot ex-girlfriends", but I'm not so sure. You might still hate me. I hope not. E-mail me sometime so I can apologize. I am married and still in Kansas. Krystal (Proctor) Maples krystalmaples@hotmail.com