Monday, April 14, 2008

Mmmmmm.... Pork Chops.

I have been eating a lot more pork lately. It is delicious. I have decided to make pork the new beef. The king of meats.
I had the seared pork tenderloin on our menu tonight. It is first seared in a pan, then roasted with a port-cherry glaze. Served with generous portions of dinner vegg and mashed Yukon gold potatoes.
I work a part time job at a dive bar as their breakfast chef. It started out slow because the only people who came in where drunks who needed cooors light to watch their nascar and Sunday morning football. Now I can easily serve $400 in food a morning. I would like to think that my skills as a chef has turned the crowd around, but it may be my love of pork.
This week I had prok chops as a breakfast special, coated in a heavy breading, and broasted. (A broaster is like a pressurized deep fryer.) It was so tender and juicy on the inside, and nice and crispy on the outside.
I think that the saying “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” comes from the fact that pork is the main breakfast meat. Bacon, sausage (patties, links, even gravy) and ham rule the morning hours. Steak and eggs are for suckers.


Don’t worry Prime Rib, I still heart you too.

2 comments:

James T Wood said...

"Sure, Lisa, there's some magical animal."

Adam Wolfgang said...

"spider pig, spider pig..."

I like pork too!