Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tattoo

I had my tattoo touched up today; I got it a few days before Tim’s wedding. (Happy anniversary btw) And I had forgotten how much it actually hurts. It’s less painful than breaking it, but it does feel like it’s on fire.

It was a painful reminder why I got it in the first place. Other than being a huge Starwars nerd. It is the imperial logo,
http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/impblacklogogray.gif

(sorry for the huge link, I have no idea how to make it look nice like James or Tim).

Darth Vader is definitely a bad guy when we first see him in Starwars A New Hope. He's walking around, choking guys, blowing up planets, generally being a giant space jerk. Yet by the end of Jedi we see him realize that his entire life has been misguided. His actions at the end of the movie kill him, but save the day, and we see him as a ghost alongside Yoda and Obi-wan.

I can see a parallel between Darth Vader and Saul of Tarsus. When we first see Saul he is inciting riots that lead to the death of Christians. After seeing Jesus on the road he is converted and through tradition we know that leads to his death.

When I answer people's questions about the weird symbol on my arm I explain about the inner struggle I deal with. And how Even though Darth Vader and Saul were both murderers and evil, in the end they were able to do the right thing and gain salvation.

No comments: